What I Do
What EXACTLY is a Social Media Specialist/Expert/Strategist/Manager?
Excellent question. It’s not just about getting paid to hang out on Facebook all day (though admittedly that is a major bonus) – there is actually a hell of a lot of hard work in there too.
We need to be able to think innovatively, stay up to date with the latest news and developments (this requires a fair amount of time on a daily basis), be excellent project managers, analyse and interpret insights and often work closely with various stakeholders who don’t always understand what a tweet even is. We need to be able to understand the relevant target market and know where to find them, how to engage them and what language to use to speak to them. Not to mention create exciting campaigns and competitions to drive traffic and participation – and ultimately generate leads and/or revenue.
Believe me, it isn’t always best to hire your best friend’s 21-year-old son – qualifications and experience still count.
Get help for your social media strategy
If you want to launch or improve your social strategy and are not sure exactly how to go about it I’d love to have a chat with you to see if I could offer any ideas – just get in touch by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether it’s just to help figure out the best channels to use, create an engaging (and converting) Facebook Page or just come up with some ideas for clever, more complex social campaigns I’d love to chat about possibilities.
Brands I have worked on the social strategy for:
- Creation and distribution of YouTube viral video that achieved over 11,000 hits in the first 24 hours, front page news in local newspaper, promoted story on various online newspapers including The Daily Telegraph and The Courier and major story on Channel 7 News
- A Facebook competition that attracted over 3,500 entries, over 1.1 million impressions, contributed to a community increase of 13,618 fans over the space of three weeks, and was completed at half the allocated budget
- An increase of 60% in referral traffic from social media sites to corporate website
- A steady growth in online sales from a consistent Facebook advertising campaign
- Social media campaign that achieved the trending of the brand name in numerous cities on numerous occasions
- Generation of over $20k in revenue within two weeks through F-Commerce initiative
- Community growth of over 500% (100,000 fans) in Facebook Page and over 1000% (63,000 followers) in Twitter followers over the space of six months
- Management of the Qantas social response during the ash cloud situation, which significantly improved online sentiment, was reported on in numerous publications including The Daily Telegraph and The Financial Review and won the global Simpliflying Social Media Award in Excellence for the Crisis Management category
- Increase of over 1,000 new fans in two weeks for a Facebook advertising campaign, at an average of 15c per like
- Generation of over 50 leads at a cost per lead of about 10% of the average CPL for other online campaigns through a strategic Facebook promotion
That should give you a little bit of an idea of what I do. Of course, if you are interested in finding out more, feel free to get in touch with me through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus or the contact page of this site.
I also write for Digital Ministry – some of my past articles:
AND socialmedianews.com.au – some of my past articles: